27 September 2011

Lemon Baby

Today I realized I just need to post things, no matter if they make sense or not. I draw little comics all day long, but I never post them because I keep thinking "ah...it doesn't make any sense" or "I don't think anyone wants to see a picture of a lemon wearing a diaper." I'll try to start posting little one frame comics as I do them.

Here's something for you. My friend Marlee (the same girl who would threaten to make me on the Sims and then kill me if I didn't come hang out with her) is pregnant (gross!), and has been keeping me updated on which fruit/vegetable her fetus resembles as each week passes. This week it's a lemon.



(Even when I try to draw something cute, it still turns out a little creepy. Those blank lemon-baby eyes are a bit terrifying. I hope Marlee's baby comes out cuter than this.)

Since I plan to keep exploiting Marlee's unborn child, you'll probably see more of these.

Love,
Hannah

P.S. New weekly comic starts this friday! I'm excited. 




EDIT: I HATE THAT THERE ARE NOW BABY AND PREGNANCY ADS ON THIS BLOG. 



16 comments:

Marlee said...

i love the lemon scales.

Hannah said...

Thanks. I tried to capture the resemblance.

KatB said...

Those comparisons are kind of weird. At 38 weeks today, my baby is "over 19 inches long, like a leek." Can't they just say my baby is as long as a baby now?

Jack said...

I liked it better pre-umbilical chord. The umbilical chord weirds me out.

flannery o'kafka said...

Seriously, who doesn't want to see a lemon with a nappie on? Just wait 'till your friend goes pregnant trendy on you and gets a '4D scan' of her baby...complete with noseless face and creepy soul-less eyes. You couldn't draw anything to rival the darkness of reality within the womb.
-andrea

Marlee said...

I WOULD NEVER. i have a soul. and i'd like to keep assuming that my lemon does too. those things are beyond freaky.

Hannah said...

@flannery

....those 4D baby scans are awful. I call them Voldemort babies. No I don't. I just made that up now. But from now on...

@Marlee you absolutely do not have a soul.

flannery o'kafka said...

@Marlee...you will be tempted. Just say No.
(on a side note, one of my babies looked like a peanut in the normal '2D' scan...not like: 'your baby is the size of a peanut' but, like: This baby looks exactly like a peanut.

Anonymous said...

Wait, what happened to the umbilical cord? :(

Aitherrios Photography said...

I liked it better with the umbilical cord, put it back up! Also LMAO @ Voldemort babies.

calvin said...

Baby and pregnancy ads. Hahaha.

Kelly said...

Hannah, will you please come live with me?

Carmen Juárez said...

Hannah, I want that picture. A nice printout of a lemon baby in a diaper floating around (complete with umbilical cord) to put on my bedroom wall and cherish forever.

Michelle said...

Fruit Baby This is NOT meant to inspire another creepy fruit baby complete with umbilical chord. I just found it creepy and extremely applicable. If you have had a pregnant friend - you are familiar with fruit-babies.

Anonymous said...

So excited for Liz. Ladies pregnant with baby boys unite!!! These cookies look so simple and soft and perfect!
To get more info please visit http://best-essays-writing-service.com/buy-essay/.

Kreme said...

I think this is HILARIOUS!!!! When I was little my little sisters and I would be superheroes... I was Wonder Woman, the sister right under me wS supergirl, and the baby sister we named Lemon baby!!!!!

Kreme